Our Professional Development Institute is just around the corner – June 1 and 2 at the Boise Centre! Here are just a few of the reasons to sign up:
1. It is the ONLY Idaho AEYC professional development conference offered this year. Our PDI is the most comprehensive gathering of early childhood educators in Idaho, and it is more affordable than similar conferences offered around the country. This is your best chance to hear the latest research on child development and effective teaching practices without traveling out of state.
2. We have amazing keynote speakers. Susan Harris MacKay and Caroline Wolfe of the Portland Children’s Museum and Opal Beginning School will lead workshops on how to guide children with a playful attitude and how culture among staff can profoundly influence the classroom experience. Roger Sherman, executive director of the Children’s Trust Fund, will discuss how adverse childhood events and toxic stress impact brain development – and how positive experiences can mitigate those impacts. Learn more!
3. Our workshop line-up covers a wide range of topics and age groups. Whether you’re focused on infants or preschoolers, there is plenty to choose from. Our workshops this year explore emergent curriculum and ways to truly capture the interests of the children you work with. Browse the full list of offerings here.
4. There will be plenty of networking opportunities. In addition to gaining new skills and learning from early childhood experts, this is a great way to build your professional network – all while enjoying everything that Downtown Boise has to offer!
5. You can get credit for attending. IdahoSTARS Training Scholarships are available for Professional Development System members, and 10 training hours will be awarded for attending the entire conference. You can also receive 1.35 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). State licensing hours or professional development credits through Boise State University are available as well.
Important note for college students: Thanks to a First Interstate Bank grant, we are offering FREE registration to the first 11 students who sign up using this form.