The 2018 Idaho AEYC Professional Development Institute is coming up June 1 and 2 in Boise. It will be an engaging, educational conference for child care professionals, teachers, providers and advocates for Idaho’s young children.
This year, the focus will be on emergent curriculum and the use of projects in the early childhood environment. We are seeking presenters who can help guide professionals to a better understanding of what emergent curriculum means across a range of ages – from infants to 8-year-olds.
Topics we are interested in exploring include:
- What is an emergent curriculum/project approach?
- How to set up the physical environment for emergent curriculum/projects.
- How emergent curriculum/projects can be used alongside of Idaho’s Early Learning Standards.
- Assessment and emergent curriculum.
- Using loose parts as the backbone of the materials in your classroom/center.
- Emergent curriculum with infants and/or children with special needs.
- Literacy, math and/or STEAM and emergent curriculum.
- Classroom management.
- Planning for an emergent curriculum.
- Using an emergent curriculum outdoors.
We invite you to submit a 75-minute workshop proposal for sessions in the afternoon on June 1 and any session on June 2, or a two-hour workshop proposal for sessions the morning of June 1. Deadline for submission is January 20.
As a token of our appreciation, presenters will receive complimentary registration the day you present. Co-presenters will receive a 50% discounted registration fee for that day.