Strengthening Families Train-the Trainer Events
Make Strengthening Families through Early Care and Education accessible to child care providers, by training trainers in the use of a curriculum that turns abstract research into concrete, day-to-day, practice.
- Delivered by the authors of the Training Toolbox: Maureen During and Jane Zink
- Two or three day trainings, custom designed for your organization's needs
- Training Toolboxes are available for purchase as a part of the train-the-trainer event
- Training Toolboxes also available in Spanish
"No state implementing Strengthening Families should go without this training from Idaho!" ~ A comment from a New Jersey participant
Train-the-Trainer Event consists of:
- Everything a trainer needs to be ready to deliver effective, interactive, experiential training
- Trainer manual—including lesson plans plus background information
- Laminated supplies—discussion cards, handout masters, activity supplies
- Powerpoint presentation for Module 1: "About abuse and neglect"
- DVD for Module 8: "Care enough to call"
- Assessment forms for both centers and family/group facilities
- Background information on the Strengthening Families framework
- Explanation and demonstration of the Experiential Learning cycle—the training design
- Demonstration of the Overview Module
- Hands-on practice in the delivery of the 8 modules.
- Module 1-Overview
- Module 2-Value and Support Parents
- Module 3-Facilitate friendships and mutual support
- Module 4-Facilitate children's social and emotional development
- Module 5-Strengthen parenting
- Module 6-Link families to services and opportunities
- Module 7-Respond to family crises
- Module 8-Observe and respond to early warning signs of child abuse and neglect
A few more comments from participants at past train-the-trainer events:
- "This training should be the gold standard for Strengthening Families."
- "The toolbox is invaluable... Well put-together, thorough, succinct, just plain wonderful."
- "This was the perfect train-the-trainer opportunity. I received theory, real-world experience, and was able to observe veteran trainers at work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
For more information or to schedule a Train-the-Trainer event contact:
208-345-1090 ext 19