The Strengthening Families basic level trainings consist of one 3-hour "Overview" module plus seven 2-hour modules corresponding to each of the seven Strengthening Families strategies—a total of 17 hours of training. They are all IdahoSTARS-approved trainings in Component 10, Protective Factors.
These seven strategies support the five Protective Factors which are the basis of the Strengthening Families framework.
See the IdahoSTARS training calendar for trainings in your region.
- Module 1-Overview
- Module 2-Value and Support Parents
- Module 3-Facilitate Friendships and Mutual Support
- Module 4-Facilitate Children's Social and Emotional Development
- Module 5-Strengthening parenting
- Module 6-Link Families to Services and Opportunities
- Module 7-Respond to Family Crises
- Module 8-Observe and Respond to Early Warning Signs of Child Abuse and Neglect